MARS CLINIC ONLINE
mARS ONLINE CLINIC
Are you unable to attend one of our Mars Clinics?
Is it too difficult to organise your child and family to be able to make it into our clinic?
Do you live anywhere other than South East Queensland?
3… 2… 1… Blast Off!
Announcing the Launch of Mars Clinic Online
You can now access our Mars Clinic “Mission Control” from the comfort of your own home. For some time we have been preparing for our national launch of Mars Clinic, and we are delighted that we can now offer this to an extended community.
How does it work?
Our Mars Clinic’s Mission Control team is able to provide you with extensive online support. It’s more than just a consult.
Your experience at Mars Online begins prior to your appointment. You can expect:
- To be given plenty of time to tell us about your child’s problem before the appointment via our online questionnaire
- A detailed assessment by an advanced-trained physiotherapist
- A treatment plan tailored for your child and family
- Ongoing appointments as required
- Access to our patient app for additional information
- Ongoing liaison with your doctor to keep them informed
Who can we help?
Online services are provided for:
- Daytime Wetting
- Bedwetting (Enuresis)
- Urinary Urgency & Frequency
- Voiding Dysfunction
Benefits of Mars Clinic Online
- Access to specialised services, regardless of location
- Convenience of your home environment
- No travel time, or needing to find a parking space
Reasons our Mars Clinic Online option is so popular:
- For those stuck at home (whether because of the Coronavirus or for other reasons, it doesn’t matter!)
- For families who don’t live near one of our Mars Clinics
- For those who don’t have an easy way to get to the clinic
- For those people who feel like it’s just a bit too far to drive
- For the people who hate getting stuck in traffic trying to get across town
- For anyone who is just more comfortable having their appointment in the comfort of their home!
We are here to help!
Mars Clinic Mission Control Team Members
This is a great question and is understandable, when you are used to seeing your physiotherapist in person. The answer is that your Mars Clinic physiotherapist will ask lots of questions to get a detailed understanding of your child’s problem. There may be ‘homework’ to gather further information required for diagnosis, like a toileting diary. Based on these, your physiotherapist will usually be able to determine the main problems and set a plan for treatment strategies.
In a virtual visit, there is plenty of assessment and treatment strategies that we can provide. The only things that we can’t do online is where further scans or tests need to be performed with our advanced equipment. If it suits, we can complete these in our clinic; or if you are located elsewhere, then we may be able to work with your GP to find some of the scans elsewhere.
This might depend on the age of your child – we find teenagers may prefer to talk directly with the physiotherapist themselves, but for young children, the majority of the consultation will be talking with the parent for assessment and to decide the treatment strategies.
If you have a smart phone, or a tablet, or a computer with a webcam and an internet connection, then we can get you up and running with our online system in no time! If you don’t have these, then we can still communicate via a regular phone call and make sure that you’re being well looked after.
We don’t routinely record our online consultations. If there was a reason that the consult needed to be recorded, then recording would only occur if you consent for this to happen.
Your journey to getting rid of your aches and pains and living your best life can start today from the comfort of your home. There’s no need to take two hours out of your day to get ready and go travel to a clinic and back. Virtual visits give you the ease, and comfort, of getting the care you need from the place you’re most comfortable – your home.