MARS CLINIC ONLINE
mARS ONLINE CLINIC
Are you unable to attend one of our Mars Clinics?
Is it too difficult to organise your child and family to be able to make it into our clinic?
Do you live anywhere other than South East Queensland?
3… 2… 1… Blast Off!
Announcing the Launch of Mars Clinic Online
You can now access our Mars Clinic “Mission Control” from the comfort of your own home. For some time we have been preparing for our national launch of Mars Clinic, and we are delighted that we can now offer this to an extended community.
How does it work?
Our Mars Clinic’s Mission Control team is able to provide you with extensive online support. It’s more than just a consult.
Your experience at Mars Online begins prior to your appointment. You can expect:
- To be given plenty of time to tell us about your child’s problem before the appointment via our online questionnaire
- A detailed assessment by an advanced-trained physiotherapist
- A treatment plan tailored for your child and family
- Ongoing appointments as required
- Access to our patient app for additional information
- Ongoing liaison with your doctor to keep them informed
Who can we help?
Online services are provided for:
- Daytime Wetting
- Bedwetting (Enuresis)
- Urinary Urgency & Frequency
- Voiding Dysfunction
Benefits of Mars Clinic Online
- Access to specialised services, regardless of location
- Convenience of your home environment
- No travel time, or needing to find a parking space
Reasons our Mars Clinic Online option is so popular:
- For those stuck at home (whether because of the Coronavirus or for other reasons, it doesn’t matter!)
- For families who don’t live near one of our Mars Clinics
- For those who don’t have an easy way to get to the clinic
- For those people who feel like it’s just a bit too far to drive
- For the people who hate getting stuck in traffic trying to get across town
- For anyone who is just more comfortable having their appointment in the comfort of their home!
We are here to help!
Mars Clinic Mission Control Team Members
At the Mars Clinic we offer a range of services to ensure your child receives optimal care. Our initial appointments are conducted via telehealth, using a secure online video connection.
At that first telehealth appointment, you can discuss your specific concerns with the physio from the comfort of your home or work place, without having to travel to the clinic. Your Mars Clinic physiotherapist will ask lots of questions to get a detailed understanding of your child’s problem.
After a detailed discussion and review of the child’s medical history, the physio will:
- Determine a preliminary diagnosis
- Provide some diaries for you and your child to start completing at home, such as toileting diaries. These give the Physio more information about the specific problems.
- Develop a targeted Treatment Plan
- And then the Physio will outline the best plan for future appointments and whether appointments will continue as telehealth, in-clinic consultations or a combination of both.
- If further scans or tests need to be performed with our advanced equipment, these can be completed in our clinics; or if you are located elsewhere, then we may be able to work with your GP to obtain some of the scans elsewhere.
This might depend on the age of your child – we find teenagers may prefer to talk directly with the physiotherapist themselves, but young children don’t need to be in attendance for the first telehealth appointment, but may attend if you would prefer. The majority of the initial on-line telehealth consultation will consist of a discussion with the parent/carer regarding assessment and potential treatment strategies.
If you have a smart phone, or a tablet, or a computer with a webcam and an internet connection, then we can get you up and running with our online system in no time! If you don’t have these, then we can still communicate via a regular phone call and make sure that you’re being well looked after.
Yes, if you have an EPC (Enhanced Primary Care program) also called a GP Management Plan, Medicare will provide you with a rebate for telehealth appointments. You may wish to talk to your GP to see if they think your child is eligible for an EPC.
The Medicare rebate will partially fund the cost of this appointment. Payment is initially required in full following the consultation. After your appointment, your invoice is automatically transmitted to Medicare and the Medicare rebate is deposited into your nominated bank account.
Private Health Insurance:
All health funds are different. Many health funds now provide a rebate for telehealth appointments. Just check with your health fund.